Lessons are private and are generally held in the client’s home. In-person indoor sessions are not feasible now. I can still help you by working in-person outdoors or remotely on-line with you. We make just as much progress as we would in-person indoors.
My work with most clients begins with teaching or reviewing basic foundation cues such as Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Leave it, Drop it, and Leash Walking. I have found that a solid knowledge of foundation cues solves a lot of problems!
Since each situation is different, I tailor each session to address the specific concerns of that client, their family, and their dog. Most clients need from one to four sessions to reach their training goals. I happily provide email and phone support.Here are some examples of issues that I help owners with:
(The names have been changed to protect the guilty.)
- We are planning to get a dog. Can you help us pick the right one?
- I just got Oscar, he’s chewing my house! peeing everywhere! and he doesn’t listen to me! I need help teaching him everything!
- I just adopted Sky and I really, really need help with house-training her.
- Mr. T doesn’t know how to go down the stairs in my house.
- Jessie barks at my husband when he reaches down to pet her.
- Charlie is pulling me down the street. Help!
- Lucy doesn’t listen to me unless I’m holding a treat.
- Edward won’t always return to me when I ask him to.
- Stanley steals food from my counters in the kitchen.
- Jeanie is barking and barking and barking. It’s driving me crazy!
- Oscar tries to bite my guest’s ankles when they get up to leave.
- George keeps peeing on my expensive rug!
- I want Juliet to stop jumping on everybody.
- Oreo keeps getting in my way when I’m preparing dinner.
- SuSu runs under the couch when I want to brush her or give her a bath.
- Arthur doesn’t like to go for walks. He tries to run home.
- Dot goes nuts when the doorbell rings.